Sunday, December 2, 2012

Not much happened this week. I had to submit my final progress grades for all 75 students before they turn in their final project and take the final exam. That was fun. I had to tell each and every one of them everything they were missing and how to make it up. And for some of them, a lot of stuff is missing. I have had students not turn in a single assignment all semester come to me and ask if they can pass the class. So frustrating. And I am too nice. I also learned that I will be teaching six classes next semester; half online and half on site....and one of them is math! It's going to be the blind leading the blind here....

In other news, for the past four days San Francisco has been soaked by the biggest storm I have ever seen. In some areas it is estimated that 12 inches of water fell. Winds approached 75 mph. Crazy. Oh and we got a Christmas bush. Trees out here are crazy expensive and I found a rosemary bush that looks kind of like a Christmas tree. We will only be in San Fran for less than two more weeks plus we use rosemary all of the time so it's a win-win-win situation.



Also I painted a scene from a picture I took of Swan Lake from Yellowstone in June. The photo didn't catch the colors well since I can't figure out how the heck to use my camera correctly. I blame the touch screen and my fat fingers. I really want to take an art class next semester so I can learn better techniques and have some actual instruction. For now I will keep practicing. Also Moos knocked over my paint set five times.




No comments:

Post a Comment