It was ok because we had an adventure that night. We had wanted to camp, but the temperatures were supposed to drop to the 20s, so we decided to stay in a little hostel instead. It was....nice, and 28 dollars a night. At least the rooms seemed clean and smelled ok. The walls were so thin that we felt the breeze and the curtains blowing from the wind the entire night. I was woken up by a giant bee crawling on my leg. The people in the room next to us were crazy. And, to top it off, the next morning, the hostel manager walked around the place carrying a Gatorade bottle full of his own urine. Not exactly five star material, but it was still fun.
We rode Slickrock the next day, and Brandon rekindled his love for cross country mountain biking. (Not exactly, he really wished he was on a dirt bike or downhilling) I don't know what is wrong with him. He rocks the uphill. People actually stopped to watch him make it up some crazy hills. Then we were off to the beautiful Shafer Trail and Canyonlands to take the truck for a little drive. It was a great weekend!
Tonight was my first mountain bike race of the season at Soldier Hollow. Brandon was so nice and came to watch and even take pictures! I took second place......of the beginner category. Yeah! I was beaten by none other than my twelve year old boy nemesis from last year.(He has earrings all up one ear, and rides a bike worth three times as much as mine, so you know he is hard core) But I won a nice little odometer in the raffle. It was so much fun!
After the race Brandon had me cross the finish line again looking victorious instead of haggard and exhausted.
No comments:
Post a Comment